For information regarding veteran’s benefits, contact the Registrar’s Office. The Registrar’s Office certifies student enrollment with the Veteran’s Administration for the students enrolled in the East Texas area taking on-ground courses at the Longview, McKinney and Houston campuses and online students.
The University does not determine eligibility for payment nor the amount of veteran’s benefits. Eligibility and amount of benefits are determined by the Veteran’s Administration.
Students are responsible for notifying the University of any enrollment status or class status change.
As part of the Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018, section 3679(e) of Title 38, United States Code was amended:
NOTE: A Covered Individual is any individual who is entitled to educational assistance under chapter 31, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment, or chapter 33, Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits.
- Our policy permits any covered individual to attend or participate in the course of education during the period beginning on the date on which the individual provides to the educational institution a certificate of eligibility for entitlement to educational assistance under chapter 31 or 33 (a “certificate of eligibility” can also include a “Statement of Benefits” obtained from the Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA) website – eBenefits, or a VAF 28-1905 form for chapter 31 authorization purposes) and ending on the earlier of the following dates:
- The date on which payment from VA is made to the institution.
- 90 days after the date the institution certified tuition and fees following the receipt of the certificate of eligibility.
- Our policy ensures your educational institution will not impose any penalty, including the assessment of late fees, the denial of access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities, or the requirement that a covered individual borrow additional funds, on any covered individual because of the individual’s inability to meet his or her financial obligations to the institution due to the delayed disbursement funding from VA under chapter 31 or 33.
In addition, statute allows our policy to require the covered individual to take the following additional actions:
- Submit a certificate of eligibility for entitlement to educational assistance no later than the first day of a course of education.
- Submit a written request to use such entitlement.
- Provide additional information necessary to the proper certification of enrollment by the educational institution.